+ Home > News & Publications > News Releases
- 03.30.15 - Earthlike "Star Wars" Tatooines May Be Common
- University of Utah simulations using the NASA Center for Climate Simulation's Discover supercomputer show that Earthlike, solid planets orbiting two stars, like the fictional Tatooine, likely exist and may be widespread.
- 03.03.15 – NASA-Funded Study Finds Two Solar Wind Jets in the Heliosphere
- NASA-funded simulation research found that the giant bubble around our solar system, the heliosphere, is much shorter and smaller than previously thought, dominated by two jets shooting out the north and south poles of the sun. The simulation ran on the Pleiades supercomputer at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing Facility.
- 02.12.15 - NASA Study Finds Carbon Emissions Could Dramatically Increase Risk of U.S. Megadroughts
- Droughts in the U.S. Southwest and Central Plains during the last half of this century could be drier and longer than drought conditions seen in those regions in the last 1,000 years, according to a new NASA study. Analyzed climate projections include those from a model run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation.
Visit Past Years' News Releases