Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 04.28.15 - NCCS Triples Supercomputer Performance for Earth Science Modeling
- The NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) is increasing the peak performance of its Discover supercomputer to more than 3.3 petaflops to meet the exploding demands of NASA's Earth science modeling efforts.
- 04.24.15 - Chinese Supercomputer 'Too Slow' to Compete in Race for Hypersonic Weapons, Scientist Warns
- A supercomputer used by China to develop a hypersonic space weapon was too slow, having a processing speed only a tenth of that of its American counterpart at NASA, according to a researcher involved in the highly sensitive project
- 03.30.15 - Women's History Month: NCCS Women Reflect on Careers and Influences
- Five current NCCS staff members tell what influenced their careers and offer their thoughts on women in the information technology (IT) sector.
- 03.30.15 - Earthlike "Star Wars" Tatooines May Be Common
- University of Utah simulations using the NASA Center for Climate Simulation's Discover supercomputer show that solid planets orbiting two stars likely exist and may be widespread.
- 03.16.15 - Simulations Put a New Spin on Wind Tunnel Tests
- High-fidelity rotorcraft simulations run on the Pleiades supercomputer are playing a new role in wind tunnel experiments.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS