Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, and science missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 05.14.13 – Optimized BLENDER Code Speeds Up Kepler Planet Analyses
- Visualization experts in the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division have improved the BLENDER software package used by the Kepler mission team to validate planet candidates, greatly shortening runtimes on the Pleiades supercomputer.
- 04.28.13 – NASA's Kepler Seeks to Answer: Is Anybody Out There?
- The question "Is anybody out there?" grows more tantalizing with the discovery of each new far-off planet. CBS News' Barry Petersen has been talking to scientists searching for clues.
- 04.22.13 – NASA Celebrates Earth Day
- NASA is celebrating Earth Day 2013. Our satellites, scientists, and data help us all better understand and sustain our home planet. Explore some of our Earth-inspired features, images, and videos.
- 3.10.13 - Greenhouse Effect Shifts North's Growing Seasons
- Vegetation growth at Earth's northern latitudes increasingly resembles lusher latitudes to the south, according to a NASA-funded study of satellite and model data.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS