Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 10.02.15 - How Does Big Data Help Us Understand Climate Change?
- Climate change is a real threat to our planet, with destructive consequences already being felt across the globe. Dr. Daniel Duffy, High-Performance Computing Lead at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS), explains how big data is essential to the task of studying climate change.
- 09.29.15 - MERRA-2 Science Snapshots
- MERRA-2, now running at the NCCS, expands on the Modern Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Applications (MERRA) by including observations from many new data sources. The total number of assimilated observations now approaches five million per 6-hour assimilation cycle.
- 09.28.15 - New D-Wave 2X System with 1000+ Qubit Processor Installed at NASA's Ames Research Center
- D-Wave Systems Inc. announced that it has entered into a new agreement with Google and USRA for the installation of a succession of quantum systems. A new D-Wave 2X™ system is now operational at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility to support NASA's Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (QuAIL) project.
- 09.24.15 - New Galaxy Simulation Study Reported in Nature
- An international team of scientists has run billion-year galaxy formation simulations on NASA's Pleiades supercomputer. Their methods and findings were published today in a Nature Letter.
- 08.21.15 - Since Katrina: NASA Advances Storm Models, Science
- NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office scientists are simulating hurricanes and improving our understanding of hurricane behavior using computer models run at the NCCS.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS