+ Home > Request Computing Time
REQUEST COMPUTING TIME
NASA has a two-part process for getting access to the agency's High-End Computing (HEC) systems: requesting computing time and getting accounts.
Before you request an allocation of time on our HEC systems, you must first meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements to be considered for NASA-sponsored work:
- NASA grant or cooperative agreement number, contract number, or Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) number
- NASA agreement such as a Space Act Agreement or Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding
- NASA Center employee (civil servant or contractor)
- Process Overview
- To become a NASA HEC user, you must complete a request for computing time. Read this section first to get a good understanding of the general request and approval processes for award of computer hours.
- Getting Accounts
- Once your request for computing time is approved, you need an account to access our HEC systems. Whether you are a Principal Investigator or an associated user, here's the process for getting an account on systems based at NASA's two HEC facilities: NAS and NCCS.
Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD)
NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC)
Science Mission Directorate (SMD)
Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD)
Award letters went out in late April.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org (SMD) or email@example.com (all other organizations).