+ Home > News & Publications > Feature Stories
- 02.25.14 – Heating Up
- Explore climate model projections of 21st century global temperatures in visualizations from NASA's Scientific Visualization Studio and the NASA Center for Climate Simulation.
- 02.21.14 – NASA's IRIS Spots Its Largest Solar Flare
- NASA's Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) mission, which utilizes the Pleiades supercomputer to carry out numerical simulations, witnessed an M–class solar flare in late January, the largest flare the spacecraft viewed since its launch June 2013
- 02.14.14 - High-Resolution GEOS-5 Simulations of Stratospheric Ozone Intrusions
- A 25-km resolution version of the GEOS-5 model has been used with a comprehensive stratosphere-troposphere chemistry module to test the feasibility of detecting the impacts of stratospheric ozone intrusions on surface air quality.
- 01.30.14 - The Holy Grail of Aircraft Noise Reduction
- In the quest for "the holy grail of aircraft noise reduction," NASA's Mehdi Khorrami uses the Pleiades supercomputer to perform simulations of the complex interactions between airflow and airframe components that generate noise on commercial aircraft.
- 01.22.14 - Galaxy Simulations Take On Ancient Questions
- Scientists are using NASA supercomputers to produce state-of-the-art 3D simulations that can follow the formation and evolution of thousands of galaxies simultaneously, to gain deeper insight into the mechanisms of galaxy formation.
- 01.22.14 - NASA Earth Exchange: Meet Up in the NEX World
- The NASA Earth Exchange (NEX) is a unique collaborative workspace where Earth scientists can join forces, make new discoveries, and share knowledge to gain a better understanding of our planet.
Visit Past Years' Feature Stories