+ Home > Request Computing Time > Announcements
- 10.01.19 - SMD Using New Request Management System Starting Oct. 1
- As of October 1, 2019, the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) is using the new HEC Request Management System (RMS) for requesting and managing allocations on NAS and NCCS computing resources.
HEC eBooks users’ information has been migrated to RMS. All HEC eBooks users will receive emails with personal links to reset their RMS passwords.
The HEC program will offer an RMS orientation session on Wednesday, October 2 at 12:00pm Eastern time. If you are at Goddard Space Flight Center, please join us in Building 33 Room H120. WebEx web conferencing will also be available for off-site participants as described below:
Meeting number (access code): 908 991 635
Meeting password: 2rAQpyN?
Join by phone
Call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-527-5035 US Toll
If you have questions about RMS, please contact HEC User Services at email@example.com.
- 06.27.19 - ARMD, HEOMD, NESC, and STMD Computing Time Requests Due Jul. 20
- The Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD), the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), the Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and the NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC) will select from computing time requests that are submitted to the eBooks online system by July 20 for 1-year allocation awards beginning October 1.
For new computing projects supported by the Science Mission Directorate (SMD), please see instructions on the eBooks website.
Any current projects set to expire on September 30 must have a request in eBooks to be considered for renewal.
Principal Investigators with work that is supported by NASA outside of the four Mission Directorates and NESC may renew their projects and apply for time under the MISC (miscellaneous) category. This category does not have a share of HEC resources, and so requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis with no guarantee of an award of computer time.
- 02.06.19 - SMD Time Requests Due Feb. 14
- February 14, 2019 is the deadline for new submissions or changes for NASA
Science Mission Directorate (SMD) for mid-year (starting April 1, 2019) FY19 High-End Computing (HEC) allocations (SMD-19) on NAS/HECC and NCCS computing systems.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to:
Note: For NASA research awards made subsequent to the SMD submission deadline, Principal Investigators may submit allocation requests at any time following the award.
- Submit new requests.
- Request modifications to existing multi-year allocations.
- Update changed funding details for continuing efforts.
For questions about SMD time requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Expired Announcements