+ Home > Request Computing Time > Announcements
- 10.01.18 – New SBU Takes Effect October 1
- Starting October 1, 2018, a new common Standard Billing Unit (SBU) will be used for allocating and tracking computing time usage at both the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility and the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS). Users will notice a difference between their FY2019 eBooks allocation and their FY2019 allocations as reported by NAS and NCCS. This difference will not affect the number of CPU hours allocated at either facility.
- 07.03.18 - ARMD, HEOMD, NESC, SMD, and STMD Time Requests Due Jul. 20
- The Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD), the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC), Science Mission Directorate (SMD), and Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) will select from requests submitted to the eBooks online system by July 20 for 1-year allocation awards beginning October 1.
For new computing projects supported by SMD, please see instructions on the eBooks website.
Principal Investigators with work that is supported by NASA outside of the four Mission Directorates and NESC may renew their projects and apply for time under the MISC (miscellaneous) category. This category does not have a share of HEC resources, and so requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis with no guarantee of an award of computer time.
For questions about SMD time requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about all other time requests, please email email@example.com.
- 07.03.18 - Webinar on Access to NASA HEC Resources
- This webinar is intended for current and potential Science Mission Directorate (SMD)-funded users to inform the community of programmatic changes affecting the HEC resource request process. .
Visit Expired Announcements