Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 11.20.14 - NASA Honored with Three HPCwire Awards at SC14
- Advances in NASA supercomputing technologies were recognized with three HPCwire Awards at the SC14 conference this week in New Orleans. An Editors' Choice award and two Reader's Choice Awards were accepted by a team from the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility.
- 11.18.14 - NASA Researchers Receive HPC Innovation Excellence Awards
- A team from the Environmentally Responsible Aviation project within NASA's Aeronautics Mission Research Directorate has received an award for their innovative modeling and simulation work. The team uses the Pleiades supercomputer to perform simulations of the complex fluid dynamics processes that generate airframe noise.
- 11.17.14 - NASA’s Pleiades Supercomputer Ranks Among Top Ten US Supercomputers
- NASA's flagship supercomputer, Pleiades, has moved up to seventh place in the United States on the TOP500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers, and is now ranked 11th worldwide.
- 11.17.14 – Computer Model Provides a New Portrait of Carbon Dioxide
- An ultra-high-resolution computer model gives scientists a stunning new look at how atmospheric carbon dioxide travels around the globe. The NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) Discover supercomputer hosted the Nature Run simulation, which produced nearly four petabytes of data.
- 11.13.14 - NASA Highlights Mission Advances at Supercomputing Conference
- From our home planet to the far reaches of space, NASA will highlight science and engineering mission advances enabled by agency supercomputers at SC14, the international supercomputing conference, Nov. 16-21, 2014 in New Orleans.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS