Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 08.20.15 - ARMD and SMD Time Requests Due Sept. 20
- The Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD) and Science Mission Directorate (SMD) will select from requests submitted to the eBooks online system by September 20 for 1-year allocation awards beginning November 1. Any current projects set to expire on October 31 must have a request in eBooks to be considered for renewal.
- 08.21.15 - Since Katrina: NASA Advances Storm Models, Science
- NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office scientists are simulating hurricanes and improving our understanding of hurricane behavior using computer models run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 08.03.15 - "Snowball Earth" Might Have Been Slushy
- To better understand factors affecting the range of habitable conditions of exoplanets, Goddard Institute for Space Studies climate modelers go back in time to simulate the "Snowball Earth" conditions of 720 to 635 million years ago and find that complete freeze-over is hard to achieve.
- 07.28.15 - New Animation Shows Millions of Earth Observations for Forecasting
- More than 5 million observations accumulate every 6 hours to drive weather forecasts run by NASA’s Global Modeling and Assimilation Office at the NCCS.
- 07.21.15 - Scientists Link Earlier Melting of Snow to Dark Aerosols
- NASA researchers ran a climate model at the NCCS to examine how light-absorbing aerosols can darken snow and accelerate melting.
- 07.17.15 - Pleiades is Now 6th Most Powerful Supercomputer in the U.S.
- The computing power of Pleiades, NASA's foremost supercomputer, jumped nearly 21 percent after a series of upgrades.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS