Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 03.30.15 - Women's History Month: NCCS Women Reflect on Careers and Influences
- Five current NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) staff members tell what influenced their careers and offer their thoughts on women in the information technology (IT) sector.
- 03.30.15 - Earthlike "Star Wars" Tatooines May Be Common
- University of Utah simulations using the NASA Center for Climate Simulation's Discover supercomputer show that solid planets orbiting two stars likely exist and may be widespread.
- 03.16.15 - Simulations Put a New Spin on Wind Tunnel Tests
- High-fidelity rotorcraft simulations run on the Pleiades supercomputer are playing a new role in wind tunnel experiments.
- 03.03.15 – NASA-Funded Study Finds Two Solar Wind Jets in the Heliosphere
- NASA-funded simulation research found that the giant bubble around our solar system, the heliosphere, is much shorter and smaller than previously thought, dominated by two jets shooting out the north and south poles of the sun. The simulation ran on the Pleiades supercomputer at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing Facility.
- 02.12.15 - NASA Study Finds Carbon Emissions Could Dramatically Increase Risk of U.S. Megadroughts
- Droughts in the U.S. Southwest and Central Plains during the last half of this century could be drier and longer than drought conditions seen in those regions in the last 1,000 years, according to a new NASA study. Analyzed climate projections include those from a model run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS