Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 10.03.14 – Research Opportunity Announced for Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- The Universities Space Research Association (USRA) has announced a call for proposals to utilize the D-Wave Two quantum computer at NASA's Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, located at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility. The proposal deadline is October 31, 2014.
- 9.19.14 - Sensitivity of Tropical Cyclones to Parameterized Convection in the GEOS-5 Model
- A Global Modeling and Assimilation Office study demonstrates that realistic tropical cyclone activity can be simulated in general circulation models with a resolution of about 25 kilometers and that modifications to the convective parametrization can lead to further improvements in realism.
- 09.11.14 - Interannual Variation in Phytoplankton Primary Production at a Global Scale
- Running the NASA Ocean Biology Model at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS), the Global Modeling and Assimilation Office has computed the contributions of four phytoplankton groups to the total primary production—the global conversion of carbon dioxide into organic carbon.
- 09.04.14 - Visualizing Big Data
- Clouds bend and swirl into a massive Category 4 typhoon that spins toward China. Luckily the storm only exists inside the mind of a supercomputer at the NCCS.
- 08.26.14 – Mapping the Moon with GRAIL
- Data from the Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) satellites is revealing lunar secrets through gravity maps created using NCCS resources.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS