Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 08.28.14 - ARMD and SMD Time Requests Due September 20
- The Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD) and Science Mission Directorate (SMD) will select from requests submitted to the eBooks online system by September 20 for 1-year allocation awards beginning November 1.
- 08.26.14 – Mapping the Moon with GRAIL
- Data from the Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) satellites is revealing lunar secrets through gravity maps created using NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) resources.
- 08.22.14 – NASA Picks Top Earth Data Challenge Ideas, Opens Call for Climate Apps
- NASA has selected four ideas from the public for innovative uses of climate projections and Earth-observing satellite data and also has announced a follow-on challenge to build climate applications.
- 08.20.14 – Ozone-Depleting Compound Persists, NASA Research Shows
- NASA research shows Earth's atmosphere contains an unexpectedly large amount of an ozone-depleting compound from an unknown source decades after the compound was banned worldwide. The study included results from the GEOS Chemistry Climate Model run at NCCS.
- 07.17.14 – Accelerating Water Map-Making for the ABoVE Field Campaign
- The new Science Cloud enabled NASA researchers to build surface water maps of Alaska and western Canada for the Arctic Boreal Vulnerability Experiment (ABoVE) in a mere 6 weeks.
- 07.08.14 - Astronomers Craft 3-D Model of Doomed Star's Outburst
- Eta Carinae erupted in the 1800s, briefly becoming the night sky's second-brightest star. Now scientists have modeled the outburst's expanding cloud.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS