Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 11.17.14 – Computer Model Provides a New Portrait of Carbon Dioxide
- An ultra-high-resolution computer model gives scientists a stunning new look at how atmospheric carbon dioxide travels around the globe. The NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) Discover supercomputer hosted the Nature Run simulation, which produced nearly four petabytes of data.
- 11.13.14 - NASA Highlights Mission Advances at Supercomputing Conference
- From our home planet to the far reaches of space, NASA will highlight science and engineering mission advances enabled by agency supercomputers at SC14, the international supercomputing conference, Nov. 16-21, 2014 in New Orleans.
- 10.30.14 - Quantifying the Observability of Carbon Dioxide Flux Uncertainty
- Scientists used NASA’s GEOS-5 model to transport different carbon dioxide flux estimates through the atmosphere to assess when uncertainties related to flux estimates were large enough to distinguish from weather-induced natural variations.
- 10.28.14 - NASA's Pleiades Supercomputer Upgraded, Gets One Petaflops Boost
- Pleiades, NASA's flagship supercomputer, received a boost in computing power with the installation of 1,080 nodes utilizing new Intel Xeon E5-2680v3 (Haswell) processors. With the upgrade, the system's theoretical peak performance increases to 4.49 petaflops.
- 10.21.14 - NAS Hyperwall Visualization System Upgraded with Ivy Bridge Nodes
- Systems and visualization engineers at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility have updated the hyperwall system with new Intel Xeon Ivy Bridge nodes in order to meet the agency's data analysis and visualization needs.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS