+ Home > News & Publications > News Releases
- 11.07.17 - NASA to Showcase Science and Technology Advancements at Supercomputing Conference
- Scientists and engineers from four NASA centers and partner organizations across the U.S. will present their latest research results enabled by agency supercomputers, along with new computational services and innovative tools, at SC17, the international high-performance computing conference, Nov. 13 to 16 in Denver, Colorado.
- 08.31.17 - First Quantum Annealing Computer in the U.S. to Have More Than 2000 Qubits Installed and Operational
- The Universities Space Research Association (USRA), as part of an ongoing joint collaboration with NASA and Google Inc. to operate a Quantum Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, has upgraded its current quantum annealing computer to a D-Wave 2000Q system. The newly upgraded system resides at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility at NASA’s Ames Research Center.
- 06.08.17 - Astrophysicist Studies Earth-Size Planets Using Supercomputers
- A University of Oklahoma (OU) astrophysics researcher has identified the possible compositions of the seven planets in the TRAPPIST-1 system. He used thousands of numerical simulations on the NASA Pleiades and OU supercomputers to identify the planets stable for millions of years.
Visit Past Years' News Releases