+ Home > News & Publications > News Releases
- 09.22.16 - Galactic Fireworks Illuminate Monster Hydrogen Blob
- An international team of researchers using the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array and other telescopes has discovered the power source illuminating a so-called Lyman-alpha Blob—a rare, brightly glowing, and enormous concentration of gas in the distant universe. Simulations were run on the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility's Pleiades supercomputer.
- 07.13.16 – Slow Appearance of Sunspots Challenges Theory
- Comparing data from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory with computer simulations run at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division, scientists find that sunspots rise to the surface much more slowly than predicted.
- 2.22.16 - Low-Carbon Policies Could Save US Lives
- Reducing U.S. climate emissions enough to avoid a 2-degree Celsius increase in global warming could prevent up to 175,000 deaths by 2030, according to a new analysis by Duke University and NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies researchers. The study includes climate projections run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
Visit Past Years' News Releases