+ Home > News & Publications > Feature Stories > 2007 Archive
FEATURE STORIES: 2007 ARCHIVE
- High-End Computing (HEC) at NASA: An Interview with Tsengdar Lee and Phil Webster
- Two HEC Program leaders discuss its role within NASA and the impact of IT industry trends on computational science and engineering.
- MERRA Project to Reconstruct Last 30 Years of Earth's Climate and Weather
- The largest application ever hosted by the NASA Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS) will produce a comprehensive record of the atmosphere during the Earth-observing satellite era.
- Discover Cluster Expands with New Processors and Visualization Capabilities
- With the addition of 1,024 processors, Discover will offer five times the computing power of the NCCS system it replaces.
- NASA Achievement Medal Goes to HEC Investigator Joan Centrella
- For groundbreaking work in black hole research, Goddard Space Flight Center's Centrella received the NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal.
- Project FastPath: Supporting Decision-Making with NASA Modeling
- This alliance between HEC and NASA's Applied Sciences Program aims to put the power of model-based prediction into decision-makers' hands.
- Science in Silico
- A new video from Seed Magazine features black hole merger simulations led by HEC investigator Joan Centrella of Goddard Space Flight Center.
Visit Past Years' Feature Stories