+ Home > News & Publications > Feature Stories
- 01.11.18 – No Planets Needed: NASA Study Shows Disk Patterns Can Self-Generate
- A new NASA study shows rings, arcs and spirals in disks around stars may not be caused by planets. They may self-generate, per simulations run on the Discover supercomputing cluster at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 01.11.18 – Galactic Center: Scientists Take Viewers to the Center of the Milky Way
- Astrophysicists have created an immersive 360-degree visualization of the center of the Milky Way galaxy using data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. Hydrodynamic simulations and visualization computations were run on the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility's Pleiades supercomputer.
- 01.10.18 - A Hybrid Quadcopter for Longer Flights, Quieter Skies
- High-fidelity simulations run on NASA's Pleiades supercomputer are helping aeronautics engineers discover ways to make multi-rotor drones fly longer and quieter.
Visit Past Years' Feature Stories