Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 05.21.19 - Impact of Satellite Sea Surface Salinity Observations on ENSO Predictions
- According to research run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS), assimilating satellite sea surface salinity from NASA’s Aquarius and SMAP satellite instruments improves the analyses of the near-surface density and the mixed layer depth.
- 05.16.19 - NCCS Systems Empower Boreal Forest Study Using Airborne and Satellite Data
- Empowered by NCCS high-performance computing resources, NASA Goddard scientists studied the 3D structure of boreal forests using high-resolution airborne and satellite data.
- 05.03.19 – Don’t Panic: Scientists are Practicing for a Killer Asteroid Impact
- NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division researcher Lorien Wheeler modeled millions of potential impact scenarios for a tabletop exercise exploring possible damage by a fictional asteroid, at the International Academy of Astronautics’ Planetary Defense Conference April 29–May 3, 2019 in College Park, Maryland.
- 05.01.19 - Choking on Saharan Dust
- A new analysis supported by the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) suggests that exposure to mineral dust may be a bigger cause of premature death in Africa than previously thought.
- 04.30.19 – NASA Researcher on the Driving Force Behind Aerospace Innovation
- Marie Denison, a research scientist in the NAS Division, talks about her work in computational physics and the importance of research collaboration. Denison will be a speaker at the Women of Silicon Valley event May 2-3, 2019 in San Francisco, California.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS